Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Warre's, Vintage Porto 2007

Opaque black/purple.

Crazy, orgasmic, loaded aromas of Chambord reduction, pepper, earth, baked fruit confection. Huge depth, little sign of brandy.

Huge depth in the mouth as well, brandy/residual sugar effect just amplifies the massive black fruit and pepper action. Really refined finishing structure cuts directly through the sweet stuff, but does not kill the thrill. Absolutely FK. I must admit, I haven't generally loved the older bottles of Port I've had. I'm buying more of this and drinking it over the next 6-8 years.


Day 5 - More pepper now. Still ridiculously orgasmic. How is it possible that this sells for so little $$? This should retail for $100/375 mL or more. How can producers justify the expense with so little return? From what I've read, Port producers are at a real crossroads financially. Want to lose one of the greatest wine categories? I don't. Buy this stuff, drink it whenever you want. It will never disappoint.

$30, 375mL bottle. Buy it, love it.